Hand wash or dry clean your silk products only.
- Place your silk scarf in cold water with a mild silk-friendly detergent.
- Leave to soak for a while and swish the scarf slowly in the water.
- Slowly rinse out the scarf with fresh cold water.
- Do not wring or squeeze the scarf as that damages the fibre of the silk.
- Ball the scarf lightly to remove moisture and lay the scarf or scrunchie flat to dry.
STEAM OR IRON
- Steam is preferred due to the delicate nature of silk.
- If you can’t steam your scarf, iron the scarf on low heat setting and do not add any water or spray to the scarf.
Store your scarf untied to preserve the nature and delicacy of the silk. Do not use sharp objects on the scarf as this may pull at the fibre.
Want more? Check out or blog post for a full guide on how to care for your silk.